FRIENDS’ Youth Development Program is a licensed, year-round program for students from 5-12 years in age. Students participate in activities that build the critical academic, literacy, and social/emotional skills that are fundamental for success in school, and life.
Before & After School
During the school year, students participate in a variety of activities including:
- Academic Activities (staff led STEAM activities that reinforce & supplement school subjects).
- Homework Buddies (volunteer & staff mentors that help complete homework).
- Reading Buddies (volunteer & staff mentors that include literacy based activities).
- Wellness (outdoor games to encourage healthy living & positive social relationships).
- Music Education & Performing Arts
Youth Development participants also eat a healthy snack after school, and are eligible for FRIENDS’ daily transportation to & from school each day.
During the summer children spend the full day with FRIENDS and get to participate in a myriad of exciting trips & activities that stimulate learning, development, and cultural understanding. While at FRIENDS, school age students receive 3 meals to ensure they are receiving the nutrition necessary for concentration & success each day.
*Residents of Gilpin Court, Ages 5 to 18 may participate in our Youth Enrichment Program.
To learn more about or programs, or to enroll, contact:
Mrs. Shakira Hite 644-2357 or Mrs. Monique Van Horne 565-5880