FRIENDS understands the importance of the arts in improving a child’s motor skills, literacy skills, social-emotional wellness, and academic performance. We offer a Music and Performing Arts Program that enhances our students’ enrichment at both of our centers.
- Weekly music classes for young children aged 1 through 5.
- Holiday Concert in December involving songs and dances performed by the preschool classes aged 2 and up. Includes narration, props, and costumes.
- Graduation Ceremony traditionally held in May including skits, songs, rhymes, and dances performed by the rising kindergarten class. Includes graduation regalia and processional, narration, props, and costumes.
School Age Music
- Weekly private lessons taught by volunteer music mentors for school aged children in kindergarten and up. Instrument offerings vary based on mentor availability and our student instrument inventory.
- Instrument loans provided for at-home practice at no cost to the students. Inventory includes piano keyboards, violins, guitars, ukeleles, drums, recorders, flutes, clarinets, trumpets, and more.
- Group classes based on music mentor availability and students’ interest. Topics have included drumline, sign language, boom-whackers, handbells, chimes, “general music interest,” dance, group ukelele, choir, etc.
- Year-end recital opportunity open to friends and family.
- Summer Program performance involving songs and dances performed by K through 2nd grades and a play/musical performed by 3rd grade and up.